- Release Datum
- Apr 8th 2019
- Update Datum
- Oct 17th 2019
- Dateigröße in MB
AngelLoader is a standalone FM loader where you can manage, install, and play all of your FMs in one place. Inspired by DarkLoader and NewDarkLoader, it supports Thief 1, Thief 2, and Thief: Deadly Shadows. It includes many modern features such as rating, game sorting, tag management, easy .dml patching, an extensive set of filtering options, and a fast and accurate scanner for detecting FM titles, authors, game types, etc. For taffers who are used to DarkLoader, fear not - AngelLoader detects game types accurately, every time. No more editing ini files for Thief Gold!
Read this first!
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 Anniversary Update or newer.
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 or newer (the Windows version requirements are a direct result of this)
AngelLoader is a portable app, so it must be extracted to a non-protected folder (so don't put it in Program Files or Program Files (x86)). Put it somewhere like C:\AngelLoader or C:\Games\AngelLoader, etc.
For AngelLoader to work with your games, they must be patched as follows:
-Thief: Deadly Shadows must be patched with the Sneaky Upgrade (preferably 18.104.22.168 or newer; older versions have not been tested)
Once you extract the zip file, you'll find a manual in the doc folder - AngelLoader documentation.html. Alternatively, you can view the manual online.
- 17 Downloads
Fixed: One user was getting "Zip extract failed fully or partially" errors on every zip extract, due to a bad code page being returned by Windows (for zip file names). We now fall back to UTF8 in that case.
- 12 Downloads
- Fixed: 7z FMs failed to be scanned (and therefore would not be shown) due to a missing .dll
- If there are errors in the FM scan, a dialog will now be shown after the scan with an option to view the log
- Fixed: Add FM Archive Path window now doesn't try to partially dark-theme itself (matching other Windows built-in dialogs)
- 11 Downloads
Features and improvements:
- Added dark mode.
- Scans of .7z FMs are now significantly faster on average. Certain .7z FMs may still be quite slow, depending on their structure, but I've done what I can.
- Readme character encoding detection is now more accurate.
- Readme encoding can now be selected manually in case the autodetector gets it wrong.
- Added "Open FM folder" option to the FM context menu. It only appears when the FM is installed.
- Added option to show FMs that are in the database but that don't exist on disk.
- Added a lightweight splash screen with text so you can see what's being loaded on startup.
- When deleting an installed mission's archive, you will now be asked if you want to uninstall it first.
- The confirm message for playing an FM that is not yet installed is now "Install and play FM?" instead of just "Play FM?".
- Improved accuracy of release date detection in scanner.
- The FMs list columns no longer highlight their headers blue for the "selected" column. Since we're in "full-row select" mode, the concept of a "selected" column makes no sense and is just a visual distraction. (I wasn't lazy, this really did take that long to figure out how to force it not to highlight)
- Lucrative Opportunity's readme can now be viewed properly.
- Show Unsupported option is now global, because it's really more of a "debug" thing and shouldn't really be treated as a full-fledged filter I don't think.
- Fixed: Readme box would lose focus when scrolled with the mousewheel.
- Fixed: When scanning a single mission, the scanner reported 100% progress when it should have remained at 0% until done.
- Fixed: When extracting zip files, in rare cases filename encoding would be wrong (Sinister Night's obj\Rüstung.bin for example would end up "Rstung.bin"). We now match other loaders' (and most zip programs') behavior.
- Fixed: Tags drop-down list closed on mousewheel, now it scrolls like you'd expect.
- Fixed: If the tags drop-down list was open, you pressed the mouse button down over the tags textbox, then you dragged the mouse outside of the textbox/drop-down area and released the mouse button, the mouse button would get stuck and you would have to click again.
- Fixed: The top-right tabs could be reordered wrong if you dragged one, moved the mouse vertically off the tab bar, moved it horizontally some, then moved it back vertically onto the tab bar.
- Fixed: Invalid-field checking in the Settings window Paths section was not quite right and could sometimes result in invalid fields being marked as valid.
- Fixed: When the top-right panel was hidden, and the main window was resized, the top-right panel could "creep" into view.
- Fixed: When in the middle of a heavy UI-changing operation (such as zooming the FMs list or changing languages), mouse input could sometimes "fall through" AngelLoader's window to the window behind it.
- 55 Downloads
-Added optional Exit button at the bottom-right of the main window: one user had a case where AngelLoader was displaying in "fullscreen" so the normal
Windows close button was inaccesible. The new Exit button is hidden by default; it can be enabled in Settings -> Other -> Show or hide interface elements.
Also added Exit item to the main menu.
-Fixed: Whitespace around header lines in language ini files (ie. "[MainMenu]") was not being handled properly, resulting in the section being incorrectly
skipped if there was whitespace around said header.
-Fixed: When scanning for authors but not titles (eg. when clicking the "Rescan for author" button), in rare cases the author would not be detected and
would end up blank.
- 55 Downloads
- Fixed: FMs for Thief: Deadly Shadows whose archive names were over 30 characters long would fail to play. Other games were unaffected.
- 45 Downloads
- The filter controls can now be individually hidden.
- Added main menu with some initial options in there, including a "Game versions" window where you can see the versions for all specified games
(NewDark version for T1/T2/SS2, Sneaky Upgrade version for T3).
- "Play original game" button image now reflects all four supported games.
- Greatly reduced file size.
- Improved performance of startup FM search.
- Improved performance and memory use when scanning .rtf files, and improved detection of non-ASCII characters from .rtf files.
- Added more comments to the English.ini language file to help translators.
- Fixed a potential crash in the Settings window when a Browse button was clicked and its corresponding textbox contained an invalid path.
- Fixed a corner-case with the top-right tab dragging, where if you pressed and held and released the mouse buttons weirdly, you might start
dragging tabs even though you didn't click specifically on them.
- Fixed: When selecting a Thief 3 mission which contains readmes in a subfolder and its readmes had not yet been cached, or when clicking
"Rescan for readmes" for said mission, the readme chooser dropdown might end up with no selection until the FM was deselected and
- Fixed: When scanning .7z FM archives or installed (uncompressed) FMs, reading the OBJ_MAP chunk didn't take the header into account
when calculating the length, so it would read 24 bytes short of the end. (thanks JayRude)
- Fixed: If there existed two FM archives whose filename differed only by extension (fm.zip and fm.7z for example), an error would occur.
- Fixed: Web searching for FMs whose titles contained an ampersand (&) was not working correctly and would break the search string.
- Fixed: Entries in the "Add tags from list" menu and entries in the FM alternate titles menu would not display ampersands.
- Fixed: "Remove category"/"Remove tag" alerts weren't supposed to have yellow warning icons.
- Fixed: In "Add tags from list" menu, if a category was empty, the text "AngelLoader.DataClasses.GlobalCatOrTag:" would sometimes
appear in place of the category name.
- Fixed: Tag functionality was prone to bugs due to me trying to be too clever in the code. The code is now much simpler and more reliable.
- Fixed flickering when zooming FMs list
- 130 Downloads
-Critical fix: "Include subfolders", "Add FM archive path" and "Remove FM archive path" buttons were positioned way off screen and inaccessible
- 120 Downloads
-Fixed: Certain case-insensitive string comparisons were using culture-dependent casing rules. If your PC's culture was set to Turkish, this could cause two case-insensitively equal strings that both contained the letter "i" in different cases to incorrectly fail to match. Most comparisons were unaffected, but the FM scanner may have failed to detect some non-critical pieces of data (title, author etc.) if a user's culture was set to Turkish.
-Fixed: The custom date fields in the Settings window would reset to their default values if left blank.
-Fixed: The error text in the Settings window was not being updated when a new language was selected; it was only ever updated when the error check was run.
-Fixed: FM comments would have any trailing whitespace removed on load. Probably nobody ended their comments with a bunch of whitespace, but hey...
-Pressing F1 will now open the manual file to the relevant section.
-Changed "Current culture" etc. to "System locale" in date format options, in an attempt to be more clear.
-If there are path errors on startup, the Settings window will now immediately show you what they are, rather than popping up and not showing you what's wrong until you try to hit OK.
-Added a small bit of text on the UI to try to make it more clear what the "Backup path" is for.
-Any language string that's missing from the selected language set will now fall back to the English default, rather than just leaving whatever was in there before.
- 129 Downloads
-FM archives can now be deleted from disk by either pressing Delete while the FMs list is focused, or by selecting "Delete FM archive" from the FM context menu. You'll be asked for confirmation.
-Fixed: Some missions would not play correctly (you would get the stock Running Interference) due to a missing missflag.str file. This file is now automatically generated if it's missing. Matches DarkLoader and NewDarkLoader. FMSel still doesn't do this, which must be my consolation prize. But like, Le Corbeau, might wanna consider doing this, cause otherwise a bunch of older missions won't work with FMSel.
-Fixed: When scrolling the mousewheel over comboboxes, sometimes the scroll wouldn't take, or the FMs list would scroll instead.
-Fixed: When a filter textbox was focused and the mouse was over the FMs list, the Home and End keys would scroll the FMs list to the top and bottom. Now, they move the cursor to the start and end of the focused filter textbox in this case. When a filter textbox is focused, you can press Escape to return focus to the FMs list.
-Fixed: If all columns were hidden, AngelLoader could throw an unhandled exception.
-When refreshing the FMs list from disk, your previous selection is now kept if possible.
-Improved title detection for Thief 3 and System Shock 2 FMs.
-On Settings window error, it will now scroll to the relevant field (example, if the backup path is invalid, it will scroll to the backup path textbox so you can see the red highlight).
- 140 Downloads
-Readme files are now run through a character encoding detector before being loaded, so broken characters (eg. "procurÃ©" instead of "procuré") should never - or at least extremely rarely - appear now.
-Fixed-width font is now the default for plaintext readmes, if it isn't already set.
-startmis.sav is now excluded from differential ("All changed files") backups, matching FMSel's behavior.
-Both '\' and '/' path separators are now properly handled everywhere.
-Fixed: FM added dates wouldn't be cached in the data file.
-Fixed: Author filter didn't take highlighted recent FMs into account.
-Fixed: Left and right arrow images on buttons were being drawn slightly incorrectly.